Saturday, July 31, 2010

Week of July 26th Menu

I see lots of ladies online that put up their weekly menus. I love them for this. It's not easy coming up with meals 6 days a week and I get bored with the same old stuff, so I love new ideas. Here, for your benefit dear readers, is my menu this week.

Monday: Ribs, blueberry muffins & broccoli (Jacob chose this meal. I went with pre-made ribs because Paul/Ben weren't here and I'm lazy. I did make the muffins from scratch with my new mixer. Used the little muffin book my mom gave me. Divine!)

Tuesday: Got really lazy and went to IHOP. Free kids meal with purchase of an adult meal. I regretted this in the end, since it wasn't enough food.

Wednesday: Steak, corn on the cob, green salad.

Thursday: Chimichangas in honor of Shrek Ever After that we saw last week. I like theme meals. I used this receipe. I was delighted with how it turned out.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/holidays/stevene28099s-oven-baked-chimichangas/

Friday: Zippity-doo Dah Shrimp Kabobs with rice and broccoli. Again, Jacob choose this one. He loves shrimp. I thought it was good but I could have made double and Ben wasn't even here. Which is also why we had broccoli again - he hates it.

Saturday: Eat out. After researching prices at Golden Corral and Olive Garden, it would still be way cheaper to do to Del Taco. Tacos it is.

Sunday: Crockpot Chicken with Szechuan Sweet and Sour BBQ Sauce by Lawry's. I did crockpot drumsticks before and it was fabulous but I can't find the recipe so I'm winging it. (Legging it?) Also corn on the cob, salad and maybe crinkle fries. It's fast Sunday so it's gonna be ugly unless the food is plentiful.

I also happened to make the Chocolate Chip Banana Bread out of this month's The Friend. It tasted waaaay too good to be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment