We tried to do 'Colorado' themed activities so of course, we had to hike. This is the chipmunk hike that we love. It has great views.
We were also quite comforted by the fact that we had done our good deed for the trip - The Lake Dillon Society of Chipmunk Fattening would be proud.
We fished and while we fished we participated in another good will project. The Society of Mosquito Fattening would be pleased with our very personal contributions.
Jacob caught quite a few fish. "He taught me" Alexi told me. "It's all about waiting."
David caught some big ones too. That large fellow is his cousin Adam. The kid not the fish, people.
I absolutely love this picture of my dad. Cracks me up every time. You see, he's really a spy. Here he is waiting for his informant. All those loooong trips to the health food store? It's just a ruse . . . he's really passing off info. To benefit America of course. It's all very complicated.
My baby didn't catch a fish. My baby doesn't have much patience. What my baby does have however . . .
. . . is a dead fish head in his pocket. Because that's the kind of boys I raise. Look at the sheer delight of these two!
On Monday we drove a long way and visited a ranch. It was a beautiful place. We ate at the grill and went on a wagon ride. Here's the group shot.
The wagon was driven by a fellow of questionable hygiene named "Tink." I'm pretty sure he had a crush on Shari. Did I mention he had no teeth? Honestly though, he was a very nice guy. Very friendly. Especially to Shari.
We also hiked to Rainbow Lake. The mosquitos like Rainbow Lake. It was a forestly, ferny kind of hike, my favorite. Paul carried Austin since Ryan had to work. Austin is not fond of me. He is quite fond of Paul however. You should have seen his face as Tammy put him on Paul's back. Check him out, peeking out from behind.
Is it my imagination, or does Melissa's face say "Yes, yes, it's all very lovely. But this kid is heavy and I'm being eaten alive here people! Let's move!"
Other highlights included: 3 lbs. of See's candy (thanks Mom!), lots of hair doing (oooo! That deseves a whole post!), some pool time, a trip to Waterworld, lots of eating, and did I mention 3 lbs of See's candy? (Thanks Mom!) I felt very relaxed this trip. Except at night, where I would lay awake for hours. What is with me and sleeping in strange places? I have issues. Anyway, it was a good reunion. So much so in fact, that I brought half the family back with me. Chuck and Melissa & kids, plus my parents all hung out at my house for another day or two, while good naturedly attending many baseball games. It was a good week.
I have to admit, when Gabe said he had a fish head in his pocket, I thought he was pulling my leg. So I said "let's see". He promptly pulled it out and very proudly held it up with a big grin on his face. Ewwwwww. But of course Alexi said "oh cool, can I touch it?" yyyuuuuuccckkk. They had a good time examining the fish head and touching it's eyeballs. Gross.
ReplyDelete