Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hair Journey

It all started 2 years ago, after we got home from a camping trip to Estes Park. We had a lovely time. My hair was not lovely. It seemed every Sunday I would wash, blow-dry and curl, and still end up with a fuzzy orange hair helmet. Me no likey. So I went online to find a good haircut for myself. After looking over many pictures, I realized something - I really like long hair. My favorite movies always have heroines with these awesomely long locks. Why not grow my hair? I also came across a large community of long hair lovers and they had all kinds of advice for growing healthy hair. They warm about the evils of silicone products, sulfates, and the horror of blow-dryers and curling irons. So I got one last trim and the girl did a terrible job - it was so uneven! Then I swore off blow-dryers and all heat styling devices except for on my bangs, because I still cut them frequently. I found youtube videos on hair styles (cue the heavenly angels music) and discovered some sweet styles. Now I love to do my hair and other people's as well!

The first picture shows my original length 2 years ago. It shows my hair's weird texture too. Basically it's almost straight on top and nearly curly (but not quite) underneath. The next picture is current for July 2010.




My ends are wet in this second one because Paul had just trimmed it. I have Paul do my trimming now because he is careful, only does what I ask him to, and he's free.



I like these 2 pictures better because I like it curly.




Not too bad considering I've trimmed off at least 6 inches because of damage. I try to trim every 4-6 months. I still have split ends but not as much as I used to since I stopped damaging it. I had a goal of growing it to my waist, which I've reached. What to do now? I like how it's tapered in the first pictures. I had to work for about a year to get rid of the funky layers and uneven trim that one dumb lady gave me. Next post I will put up different hair styles I've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment