Monday was a good day. Shopping, laundry, etc, etc. Despite the lackluster spring break, we are seeing some benefits. First off, everyone was really happy to go back to school. Well, not happy exactly, but not too reluctant. Next, since the boys hardly wore any clothes last week, we saw a huge reduction in laundry! They tend to wear the same outfit every day, notably Jacob, who wore the "sun's out, guns out" tank and a pair of too large pajama pants all week. David changed it to "sun's out, buns out" which of course got a good laugh. I also walked Blaze today. I have started a campaign to teach Blaze to walk on a leash better. So I have him on the short red leash. We walk about four steps and he starts to drag me down the sidewalk so I come to a complete halt. He then walks a little toward me and we go again. For another four steps. I bribe him with cheese, and tell him he is a "good dog." After while he gets irritated with me, and he sits or comes back but his attitude is not good. For FHE, I wanted to do something fun, but Dad was a poop and had a headache. I tried to get some families together but it all fell through. So I did this thing, where we talked about life being like lemon juice, and attitude is like sugar. So then I put on an Alex Boye with the Lemonade song, and then I gave the boys lemonade that I had made. It was fun. Then I quoted "Adam fell that men might be, and men are, that they might have joy."
Tuesday I can't recall much. I had to drive all over the ever lovin' earth looking for a ski jacket for David. There was not a jacket to be found anywhere! Every man that lives in Highlands Ranch that doesn't own a jacket must have suddenly decided he needed one with an urgent need to ski. In the end, we just used a jacket from the unending closet of Dad. It's like Mary Poppins purse, the one she pulls the lamp from, remember? We got him all packed up and ready. He had to buy groceries at King Soopers. They have to make some of their own meals (good mission training huh?) and rumor has it his roommate is a good cook. Who is his roommate? None other than T Raw! Also two other guys.
Wednesday. Through some miracle, and a change of attitude, I was able to stay busy all day! After school, I had to take Jacob to meet with a Backcountry rep to talk about an Eagle project. She gave us a list, but when we met with her she told us her co-workers were really pushing the tree project, so Jacob took that one. He's a good guy. Anyway, J has to plant some cottonwoods and ponderosa pines out at their headquarters by the sheriff firing range. It actually sounds like a really good project. Then David came home and ate dinner and left. Bub went to scouts, his last time as an 11 year old!
Thursday, and I had a lovely day off. It snowed again today. Gah!!!! So tired of it!! I went to a YW meeting this morning. Afterwards, I shopped for Gabriel's birthday. It took a long time. Then I picked up the boys and Dad, Jacob, and me went to do temple baptisms. Dad got to baptize a bunch of kids including Jacob. J was having some nice memories of the last time we did temple baptisms in the Palmyra temple. He mentioned you quite a bit. I think he was really missing you. I always do, so nothing new there! It was a great experience though. After we left, on the way home the snow was so beautiful. I know I complain about it, but it really was so gorgeous! Jacob kept calling them Narnia trees.
Friday was Gabriel's 12th birthday. David called way early and woke him with a birthday song before he headed out skiing. Dad brought him Subway to eat at lunch. His special birthday dinner request? Cheeseburger loaf. As Jane the librarian says "Nothing says birthday like cheeseburger loaf!" We did a basket of 12 things this year. He got new scripture quad, a case for them, marking pencils and a Moroni tie pin, some snacks, some soda, a Star Wars baking kit (has little tie fighter and X-wing fighter cookie cutters), a Star Wars poster, a new wallet, cash money, and a sweet new gaming headset. He was a happy camper. That night we went to two basketball games for Dad. Spring Gulch won the first one and lost the second one by three points. Then we came home and Gabriel's pick for dessert was s'more pizza from Papa Murphy's.
Saturday, Dad and Jacob participated in Jeremy's senior project, which Dad found out about on Friday afternoon. We came home and did some chores, watched conference, etc. The weather was beautiful!! No more snow and the temps are warm. Dad, J, and Gabriel attended priesthood session. David came home really late from his trip, sunburned and tired, but he had a really good time. We haven't heard much about it yet, because he went right to bed. Today we watched two more sessions of conference. They were really good. I like how they finished up with Elder Holland. Yet another great talk! Dad spoke to Gpa and Gma Murray who are on their way home from their mission. They are going to be here tomorrow night and are staying a week.
Your letters have been kinda short lately, and I was thinking that you might not remember about your week, so I will include a list of questions to help you.
When you watch conference, do you listen in English or in Portuguese? Do you attend all sessions and where do you go?
Tell us about one unusual experience you had in the past week.
Tell us about one spiritual moment in the past week.
Who does the dishes in your apartment?
How are the new shoes working out?
I love you so much and hope you are doing great and feel peace and happiness!
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment