Monday, April 18, 2016

April 18th - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . . wait, what?!

Here are all the happenings in the Murray house this week, as told to Elder Ben Murray:

Monday has come and gone with no major events. I went shopping with Gabe last night to get some shoes for Hex. Did I tell you he is on the Hex team at school? Nine guys could be on the team and only eight showed up so he made it without trying out, which bummed him out! He wanted to try his prowess! We finally found him a pair of shoes at Ross for a sweet deal. It was great to get your letter and hear your news about being called as district leader. We are very proud of you! I am so glad you are doing well!

Tuesday is here and with it, some big news. Andrew Jones got his mission call and he is going to Argentina!! Whoo-hoo! He reports to the MTC on June 22nd. That is really soon, only two months. Here's something strange, Issac Wilcox got called to the same exact mission as Andrew and reports on the same exact day. Crazy huh? They will both be in the Provo MTC, and strangely enough, David, Jacob, and Stino will all be at EFY the week after. So they will all be within a couple of miles together. Kraig Taylor had a birthday and I wrote to him and he said to tell you hi. 

Wednesday I tried to keep busy at work, and then I did more things to get ready for my luncheon today. I am in a book club that meets once a month to have lunch together and discuss the book we read. This month we read "The Forgotten Garden". It was good but a little frustrating. Having the gospel in my life means that my life makes sense, and I get bugged when I read about characters doing really dumb things because they don't have any direction. It had a good ending though. Anyway, I volunteered to host the lunch at our house because I haven't done it yet. So now it's Thursday, the luncheon was a success and the ladies are all gone. Two of the ladies have seniors, so I am walking down memory lane with you doing senior projects, grad parties, and mission calls. It's a pretty big time in their lives. Next month we will do a temple visit together, because that's how we rotate. Then we might be taking the summer off because everyone has vacations and camps and whatnot. In a few minutes I will be leaving to watch Jacob throw at a meet. He's getting to be pretty good. Aunt Tammy has decided to give away her chickens because building the coop has turned out to be too much pressure. They can't decided where to put it, etc. Oh well. Maybe next year the chicken thing will be a go!

Jacob did well at his track meet. He PR'd at 97.8 on discus and I forget what he got on shot. We sat in the weed patch to support. They really need a better spectators area down there. On Friday Gabriel had his birthday party. Tate, Liam, and Ben came. We went bowling and then they watched Star Wars. Tate's present was a bag of food - cookies, donuts, Doritos, and like 6 cans of dill pickle Pringles. Gabriel looked so happy he could cry. He had to express himself by giving Tate a bro hug! It was so funny. He woke up this morning early and cleaned the basement. I think he didn't want me to to have a heart attack from the mess since he came up with a whole bag of garbage. He also vacuumed and put back the Ben/Jacob chair and Jacob was touched by this consideration, lol. 

Today is Saturday and David is at theater practice because they preform Footloose in a week. It is snowing today AGAIN. Getting real tired of your crap, Colorado!! The trees were all beautiful with flowers and I was taking long walks to soak in the beauty and now they are going to be all frozen and I'm really sad Ben. Plus my lilacs had flower buds and leaves on them and now they are all droopy. They have cancelled a bunch of flights at the airport in anticipation. We were going to go see the new Batman vs Superman movie but we hear it's kind of a dud so we didn't. So exciting right? We didn't end up doing to much. We watched a new movie called Heart of the Sea based on the novel Moby Dick. Remind me to never go on the ocean again. 

Sunday now, and guess what? Church was cancelled because of snow! It really piled up during the night. So we sat around a lot. Yuck! The Skidmores came by and shoveled our driveway because they are our new home teachers. Then they came in and shared a message about following the prophet. We are binge watching a new tv show on Amazon prime called Under the Dome. It gets a bit annoying after awhile. I am going to force the boys to watch Tangled with me tonight as research for girls camp. The theme is princess and our ward is Rapunzel.

Do me a favor ok? Go outside tomorrow, stand in the sun and enjoy it for me. And then send some Brazilian sunshine our way. I checked the Brazil mission facebook page and you know what? No pictures of Ben. Again. I saw Elder Donadon though. Do you hide every time they take a picture? Volunteer to be the photographer? What gives, bro? 

I ended up with lots of love to my favorite elder!


No comments:

Post a Comment