I have decided to start naming my emails in an epic manner, just as you do. I have been watching LOTR this week and we had a major blizzard this morning, so here it is. It's Wednesday morning, so I will recap the week for ya.
Monday I ran errands with the grandparents. I am really into thinking I'm a hiker lately, and I got a bunch of money from Dad's work thing. Have I explained the work health thing? Probably not, so here you are. Dad's work started this thing called Rally that you can earn all kinds of sweet cash for setting and achieving health goals. So I signed up and got a $50 gift card for Amazon. With it, I ordered hiking boots, but when they came they were too small for my mutant giant feet (you come by it honestly, my son) so I had to send them back. I also just earned another $150 that I can put toward gift cards for completing three missions: work out twice a week (I did way more than that), be grateful, and track my meals. So I have some sweet cool stuff in my Amazon cart, another pair of hiking shoes that I hope will fit, a lightweight hiking backpack, and a pair of zip off hiking pants. I am still pondering the backpack and the pants. I wonder if I could get them cheaper someplace else and if the backpack has straps that are comfy enough. First world problems. For FHE, I had the kids watch the new Easter video from the church, then we opened an egg, then read your letter and had ice cream to celebrate your ice cream event. The egg thing is an eight days of Easter thing where we read scriptures every night from Christ's last days on earth, then have a challenge and like one jellybean a piece. I can give you more details if you want, but so far the challenges have been to pray to know your Savior better, find something unclean to purge from your life, and be a light unto others. All of the scriptures have been from Matthew.
Dad left on a one day business trip to Kansas. I hope he can get back in tonight, with the crazy weather and all. Then I went to Brother Don Englehart's funeral and helped with the food. He died of liver cancer. It was pretty sad. Sarah Twiss and Chris Reader gave talks though, that brought a lot of comfort. They talked about our eternal nature and the incredible gift of the Savior in the atonement and the resurrection, remembering it especially during this week before Easter. I like to picture him in heaven meeting all kinds of family members who have gone before him. Then I came home and took Blaze for a hike/walk. The wind was blowing so hard! It's not easy walking against a gale. Then I got the kids and we went to have dinner at Tammy's. They boys had fun outside and we played Bang after. Tammy and David had a face-off at the end and David won as the sheriff.
Today we woke up to a major blizzard. David plans to ask Audrey to prom with a sign that says "There's snow better place to ask you to prom than in a blizzard" and he's going to give her a blizzard from Dairy Queen. I ironed a bunch of Dad's shirts this morning. Jacob bought some big Borderlands pack and he has been playing it a ton. His track got cancelled obviously. They closed the airport and Dad's flight was cancelled. There were no available flights tomorrow either, so he and the work buds rented a car and drove back. They have to stay overnight tonight because the 70 is closed. Thursday, and Dad finally got home around 4:00 pm. Good times for Dad. I had to drive David's car around today because it handles so much better in the snow than the van! You were lucky to get to drive such a stellar vehicle! David ended up having to walk there because the van got stuck in the snow right outside our driveway for like a half hour. So lame. He brought her hot chocolate instead.
Now it's Friday and we went to see Kung Fu Panda 3. I always get a headache when I watch movies in the theater. I think I don't breath enough, like I'm holding my breath during the intense parts. Today is March 25th, which officially marks the end of the Ring and Sauron. I think it's funny it falls on Good Friday, the day of the the Savior's death. It kinds of marks the triumph over evil, or the end of death and the beginning of hope or something. I'm sure there are some sweet religious correlations there. It started to snow again this afternoon. So crappy! The Jones got back from vacation and invited over all your bros because it was Kaylee's birthday. I say good riddance, lol! It's hard to spend a whole week together all snowed in. I thought about taking a vacation, but we are going a bunch of places this summer so we didn't want to spend the money. Plus we had the cruise last year and we will probably go somewhere good next spring break because it will be David's senior year. Saturday the boys had a basketball game against Northridge. I went to the General Conference Women's session. There was a really big emphasis on service, especially refugees. I don't know any refugees! Do we have them in Highlands Ranch? Does Brazil have refugees? The sister missionaries that sat behind me were very nice and I started talking to them. One of them has a boyfriend that is serving in the Brazil Sao Paulo East mission. Small world, eh?
So stellar news today, Dad and David sang in church with our missionaries. They did a really great job! They were all beautiful singers. I finally convinced Dad that he is a baritone/bass, not a tenor like he likes to pretend. He has aspirations of being an 80's singer, lol! He sounded great. A lot of people were kind of hung up on the fact that they had coordinated ties. It went blue/green/blue/green, with a perfect match on the colors. One of the missionaries is pretty short, (smaller than me) and he stood on a box. It was so funny, but I don't think anyone really noticed. It's Easter today, happy Easter!! We didn't look for eggs until after church because we had to be there early, so Dad help me hide them and he was putting them super high, like in the chandeliers and stuff. I put you in the chick bin. The chicks got very excited about that.
Do they have jellybeans in Brazil? If not, I might have to try and send you a package. Maybe I should try to use an envelope like before, I think that worked pretty good.
Have a great week! We love you and pray for you often!



No comments:
Post a Comment