The grandparents arrived today, and the house was clean and all was well. We went out to dinner at Chipotle. Afterwards I did a FHE on confidence. I talked about how confidence it believing in yourself, trusting yourself, and liking yourself. We talked about the components of confidence: obedience, diving nature, doing hard things, being physically healthy, learning, and serving others. I used a jar of m&m's and each color had a quality. I have been able to mention again a couple of times. Especially "I can do hard things."
Tuesday work was boring. I wish I was busier. It's probably my own fault. I need to dig up something to do. Anyway, I hung out with the grandparents, went to Michael's with Grandma Murray and did some things for girls camp. After dinner I had to take Audrey and David shopping for prom. We got ribbon for the corsage, and a tie for Dave. We picked up a tie for him for Mormon prom too. She has had to strive hard to find a long enough dress. Dad played baseball (card) with the grandparents. I saw the funniest parody today. Sister Brandt posted it on Facebook, and it was a missionary parody of Adele's song "Hello". They were peering in the door window and singing "hello from the other side".
Wednesday work has passed, yea. After school I picked up a cake for Jesus' birthday (we had a party at YW for Him) and worked on camp stuff. Gabriel went to Deacon's for the first time tonight! They did a boring leadership meeting, poor Gabe. Dad played basketball and the grandparents watched and Dad won. I talked to Mrs. Goodman today, and she started laughing and she said she always seems to remember Reid's comment about you - "Of course he's smart Mom, have you seen how big his head is?" Good times.
Well Thursday I was supposed to take the grandparents to see the Highlands Ranch Mansion but Grandma told me she'd already seen it. So we decided to go up to Golden. We went first to the Lookout Mountain Nature Center. Grandma couldn't hike far, so we just did the Forest Loop hike. We took a quick look at the nature center, then went over to the Boettcher Mansion and looked inside. Then we drove to downtown Golden and took a picture or two on main street. They have a big sign that goes over the top and some really cool statues on main street that look like the cowboy statue that Dad has. Then we came home and chilled awhile. Later that night we went to see Dad play softball. I forced all the boys out of the house to go and they had a good time, chasing Gibby up a tree and periodically harassing him to keep him there.
Friday was Dad's day to show the grandparents around, and he took them to the new History Colorado Museum. They saw a lot of sights downtown, like the capital, Dad's old work building, etc., but Grandma took a tumble on the sidewalk. She wasn't hurt, but she scared your Dad and Grandpa. She is a very unsteady person. I let Gabriel skip school to go, since he has PARCC tests all week and has been bored to tears. Poor Gabe! Luckily he has the other teacher for math, so he has learned somethig this year. Friday night we were supposed to have a YM basketball game but it got cancelled because someone broke the rim., so David just practiced. Jacob was a little sick so he didn't go.
Saturday morning, I went for a long walk for Dad. When we got home, we had lunch and then went over to Roxborough Park to drive Grandma around to look at rocks. It was beautiful! Then I did hair for prom for Sophia Mesa and Eryn Phillips.Dad had to go work at CCE for the Spring Auction, which is basically a reiteration of the Fall Festival. David looked very dapper and went off to prom with Audrey who looked very pretty. Then we went with the grandparents to Texas Roadhouse.
So here are some questions we have for you to answer this week:
Why did the bridge collapse, and why did it make you guys sad?
When are you going to call on Mother's Day? Or will it be Skype?
Who is your new companion? Tell us some things about him!
We love you very, very much!!! I pray for you several times a day and think of you often. I pray that the Spirit will be with you to give you peace in your challenges, guide you, and help you to be a wonderful tool in the hands of the Lord. Love you!
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment