Monday, September 5, 2016

August 29th - Trailers and Security Guards

Hello my Ben,

Monday I taught my Leadership and Legos class. We had some great discussions about how people are free to choose (sound familiar?). Technically I am listed in the computer payroll system as a "Librarian Assistant" so you can still call me that with some measure of accuracy. Dad and Gabe had football practice, and so did Jacob and it went reeeeaaally long. We had apple cobbler for family home evening. Dad decided our scripture reading at night is less than fulfilling, so we decided to mix things up by studying Elder Uchtdorf's talk "In Praise of Those Who Save." We took a section each night of the week, read it, and discussed it. It's a great talk. You might like to read it sometime. Tuesday, I work again. David has work almost all Tuesday nights, while Dad is at the temple. This week I was reading a book in 2nd grade about worries, and how if we change the way we feel, we can change our worries by taking action. Like if you are afraid of thunderstorms, but then every time you have a thunderstorm you have hot chocolate and cookies with your mom, you might start to not fear thunder in fact, you might start to love seeing those dark clouds build up! So then I had the kids build one of their worries out of Legos. I go over to one kid and he starts to tell me about his worry. He says "There's Mrs. Whalen and there's me, and we are in her office. And on her desk . . . it's a referral." I thought that was so funny! Poor kid. He had a bad time being naughty in first grade. He told me later he hadn't been to her office in a long time. Way to go Ronan, keep up the good work!

Wednesday was an excellent day. I didn't have work, so I went to the temple. As I went through the session, I was thinking a lot about our Savior and how wonderful the whole plan of salvation is, and how much He loves me. I had a great feeling. We are very blessed to have the restored gospel in our lives. Later that night, we had temple baptisms for the youth activity. David and Gabriel couldn't make it, but since the Tridge football team left for Florida that day, Jacob got to go. It was awesome to see how huge his splash was! The water sloshes in the font so much! Plus his hair goes from super poof to nothing in one dunk. Awesome! Thursday, oh man. It was an up and down day for me. You see, I have been obsessivley stalking craigslist for months for a pop up trailer. Well, I didn't want to pay a lot and finally one came up with two king beds in our price range. So I called the guy Tuesday and he said his first available appt was Thursday after 5:30. So I made an appointment for 6:30. He told me to text him Thursday morning to get his address if he was still interested so I did. I got all the money about of the bank (transferred the money to your account too) and I went to lunch with Dad. After lunch, we bought a trailer ball to pull it home. I was so excited! On the way home I get a text - the trailer is sold. What?! I was so upset! I texted him back and was like "What's the deal bro?" and he told me his wife sold it sight unseen at work. So we texted back and forth and I was a little rude because it really was a jerk move and I told him so. He was like "I hate craigslist I will never use it again. so many people are flakes, I never promised you anything, blah, blah, blah." So I told him I was glad he wouldn't use craigslist because he was mean. He wrote back something more, like he thought I would not have come. So I laid all the $100 dollar bills on the table, all 15 of them, and took a picture. Then I sent his the picture and said I hoped the lady at his wife's work was this serious. And then he texts back "Me too." Then he texts - "uh, if they don't buy it, do you want to know?" Ha! I told him I would love to be mad but I really wanted the trailer. That night I feed the missionaries, and we had a great time. Later that night he texted me that the work people had come and bought it. Grrrr! I was so bummed. Oh well. Dad told me if I want a trailer, I need to start praying about it. Last week I started praying about it, and I figure that this trailer wasn't for us. Maybe something else will turn up. 

Friday I worked all day. We found out there is a hurricane in Florida where the football team is, and that they lost 54-19 and a few guys got injured. Yikes. I'm glad Jacob didn't go. Friday night Dad and I watched a movie while the kids all went out and did dumb stuff. Gabe watched a movie with the Deacons (not dumb), David helped Elijah make a homecoming sign for some girl that goes to Castleview High School to ask her out (it was kinda dumb) and Jacob got chased out of Target by security guys for making forts out of toilet paper packages and hiding in them (extremely dumb). We told Jacob if his friend activities include being a menace to the community he can't hang out with them anymore. It was actually really funny, but we aren't telling him that! Saturday Dad and I went to dinner with your poopy brothers and we stopped by this new thing they built right by your Eagle project. They channeled the river to make a surfing place. It's really cool. I walked around your project and it still looks pretty good! 

Funny missionary story to wrap things up. So last week in Sacrament meeting David stole my phone and texted to Jacob "You suck cheese." Well, Elder Beck, the Brazilian missionary who we really like, was sitting really close behind David and saw it and started totally laughing. When he came to dinner he said "What is this, you suck cheese?" It was so funny! Then today we are sitting in Sacrament meeting and David gets a text from the missionaries "You suck cheese. Love Beck & Clark" Lol!!!! We had a hard time not lol-ing for real. Oh man . . .

Anyway, I am fasting for you and the work as are many others. We love you, we miss you always, but we are so glad for you and all the happiness you bring others. Have a great week!!

Love, 
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment