Today is the day. You are officially halfway done with your mission. Congratulations!! I am so proud of you and have loved hearing about all your experiences. I look forward to another year of letters, with a totally awesome ending! I hope you don't mind if I come to visit BYU quite often . . .
Anyway, let's keep it in the here and now. Monday, Labor Day, has been and gone. We started out the day with a hike with the Jones family. We hiked near Rampart Range road, by Indian Creek Campground. You might remember that place as where we saw the "troll pants." There is a camping spot in that campground that calls to me . . . I can't help but covet it. I want to camp there even if it's only vault toilets. Afterward, we descended upon Kneaders. The Chunky Cinnamon French Toast is amazing. I will have to take you there someday. Service was slow though, and Dad was not amused. Then we went home. A little later, we went over to the new surfing place near your Eagle project I told you about. I went tubing with David and Gabriel (Jacob had practice, Dad was napping) and it was really fun. We had a little cookout for dinner. Jacob had a terrible football practice, in that 5 guys barfed and Zach Neidermann passed out cold. Jacob felt bad, but suffered through it. I guess a lot of them got sick on the trip. That sounds familiar. Now it'sTuesday and I went to work. I plan on taking a walk/hike later, whenever Jacob gets out of practice, which might be never. I have an insatiable appetite for hiking lately. I don't know what's wrong with me. I can't seem to get enough of the outdoors. Maybe I feel winter coming? Who knows.
Wednesday I went into work and helped Jane out in the library. On weeks that there's a Monday or Friday holiday off school (there are a lot) then I go in to help in the library. It's a great way to help Jane and make up the hours. That night at YM, Jacob worked on some tech thing, and David learned to change oil. The girls all prepared for YW in Excellence, which is a big event that showcases what the girls have accomplished in Personal Progress.
Today is Thursday, and with it comes exciting new developments! It's a red letter day!!! Last night I put on Facebook's Highlands Ranch Word of Mouth page, that I was looking for a tent trailer. I said what I was looking for and what I was willing to pay. Long story short, a lady responded that she had a trailer for sale. I told her I could come see it, and they were also available, so just an hour and half later, I drove five minutes from our house and bought the awesomest tent trailer ever! Heavenly Father had His reasons for me not getting the other trailers - this one was so awesome!!! It's a 2000 Coleman Niagara Elite. It has two king beds and a smaller bed in the dinette area, which is a pull out. It has a heater, a/c, refrigerator, sink, indoor stove, outdoor stove, toilet, indoor shower, outdoor shower, and awning with a canvas to form another room outside! Plus it has a huge storage compartment and an electric lift! All that for only $1500. That's an amazing price! I was totally blessed with that trailer. Unbelievable. Dad even said "Hey, we have to try this thing out - let's go camping!" Which totally blew Gabe's mind. Dad wants to camp? Unreal.
Friday I had to work all day, then immediately afterwards went to volunteer at Shea Stadium for the Freshman team. I have one more volunteer time, during the homecoming game with Mountain Vista. I came home from that and we ate dinner then watched a cheeser movie called Austenland. It sounds like something I would like, but it was a little lacking. Saturday was a busy day. David and I went to Stino's Eagle project, which was clearing mullen out of the open space around Redstone Park. Then we headed home, and David got cleaned up and went to work. I got cleaned up and went to Jacob's football game at Eaglecrest HS. They rocked them, 48 to 0! Jacob started as center and played a really solid first half. Second half, they started putting in their second and third string players for some playing time, so all the starters just stood around. I got to pass out Gatorade to the players which was fun. After the game, I was on the hunt for some really specific cleaning supplies for the pop up. I finally found them after hours of calling and going to stores. I got the trailer washed, all the vinyl conditioned, and it vacuumed.
Sunday and now I am writing you. We are going to be giving away Murphy and Kiwi sometime soon. They are total jerks, and just can't get along with the new chickens, who have just started to lay. It looks like I will either be giving them to "Kenny" or "Reana", depending on who is more reliable. I will keep you posted. Here's the questions you need to answer for us: How is the new apartment? How is it being a trainer? Describe your favorite place to eat. Tell about one time you laughed with the other missionaries this week, then give us a good experience. Feel free to include anything else you want to tell us. Remember, I am putting this together for you to keep after your mission, so if you want certain memories or stories, put 'em in there. Love you Ben!!
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment