Monday, May 30, 2016

May 23 - Summer's here!

Here's what's going on in our neck of the woods, as told to our missionary, Ben!


Today is Tuesday and the last day of school! David and Jacob wrapped up their last final and Gabriel did the fun run despite being violently ill, and now we are all free! It's funny that we are following in the Murray tradition and catching each other's illnesses. You mentioned you had a sinus infection, so David caught a cold three days later on graduation day. Sunday morning Gabriel woke up with a terrible sore throat. So even though you are in Brazil, we still support you by catching colds when you do! I have been working hard tie-dying shirts for the Gentry reunion. I had to tie-dye 24 shirts and my fingers were totally purple. Not that I used purple, but we did red, white, and blue, so when the dye mixed, it was purple. I had to soak the shirts, squeeze them out, wrap and tie them, squirt on the dye, let them soak in bags I stole from the produce department of King Soopers, then today I rinsed. And rinsed. And rinsed. I'm like the pioneer children over here with the walking and walking only it's rinsing and it was never ending and it took hours and our water bill is going to be astronomical. Then I put them in the washed (with an extra rinse!) and dried them. they turned out really beautiful.Tomorrow I am going to try to get them printed with a sweet logo I created. We'll see. 

Wednesday, and it's the first day of summer! Jacob met with the Eagle scout bro and got his project approved. We had lunch at Wendy's afterwards, to celebrate the beginning of summer. We went to seminary graduation, which was something of a joke. There were quite a few kids missing, so they brothers choose other methods of entertainment, like stealing my phone so they could text each other names like poo head. There weren't even any refreshments, so no love there.

Thursday is starting being dark and rainy again, but I managed to sneak in a hike. The boys mostly messed around on video games, although Jacob went to work at Vera Clean. 

I don't know why that email sent. I am kind of hating on my computer right now. It spontaneously decided to upgrade itself to Windows 10, which is a major source of annoyance in my life. David and Jacob's computers both did the same thing. Dad had to do a clean install on them to get them to run faster because they were totally bogged down after the upgrade. I don't want to do a clean install on mine because I have so many files and pictures that I would have to move. So I am dealing with a sluggish computer and weird issues. Bummer. I might move everything to a USB sometime and have Dad fix it, but not yet. The big news around here is that Dad finally got some correct info (we hope) from Centurylink. He got into a chat session with some customer service person and they set us up with double the internet speed and no extra cost - in fact it might be less money than before. So Dad is crying about lag waaaay less. The joy!

Friday was boring, I just went to a training for work. It's hard to do that right after school ends because I am in full on summer mode and don't want to think about school, but I get inspired by the training and then there's nothing I can do about it for months. Saturday we ran in the BYU Alumni 5K, which started at Coyote Creek. I came in way under my goal of 45 minutes at a sweet 33.64. Yea for me! David was first, Jacob was second and barely in front of me because he was having poop issues, and then Dad. Gabriel finished us off. It was fun and there was cotton candy. The shirts looks pretty good. We didn't know a ton of people there, just the Brandt's and the Warren Taylors. 

Today was a really nice Sunday. We had some great talks in Sacrament meeting, one given by none other than your own littlest bro - Gabriel Murray! His first talk in church. He spoke on a scripture in Alma about small and simple things. He seemed really calm and did a great job. The other talks were on pride and controlling anger. It was 5th Sunday, so we had a talk on the temple while David ran sharing time, Jacob taught some 5 year olds, and Gabriel helped in nursery. Gabriel had no tie after church, and when I asked why he said "I had to talk it off because man, those kids are really tough." We had the missionaries over for dinner and got to try out Dad's new backyard game set. It has cornhole and ladder golf. They seemed to have a lot of fun. Then we had Brother Skidmore and Spencer over to do home teaching. We have been having a lot of more peaceful family time lately. Blessings of having a missionary out? Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment