Monday, May 2, 2016

April 25th - The Winter Strikes Back!

Here's the happenings in the Murray household this week, as sent to Ben:


Not much has happened this week. Actually Dad interviewed with the temple presidency and he is becoming an ordinance worker. He got the white suit coat and everything. I think that is really great and I am super happy for him! I am thinking about becoming a worker too. Maybe I could work in the laundry since I have a lot of experience!

What else is there going on . . . well Gabriel had a terrible day yesterday. He got busted by both his teachers for various infractions. (Not doing his work, and "harmlessly ramming" another kid with a stool, all in fun) Then their 6th grade field trip got cancelled due to weather. Yes, the clouds have returned! There were supposed to have the Rockies Science and Weather day today, and Dad was taking him, but then late Wednesday they said 9 News had postponed it because of rain/snow mix throughout the day. The make-up day will be on a day that Dad is out of town, so he's stuck with mom. Such a bummer. Then we finally concluded that Rey really is a rooster. He crowed like five times in a row this morning, or more accurately, he croaked five times. At around 6:30 am, mind you. Then later I came in and caught him in the act. So I put him up on craigslist and we dropped him off at a farm in Elizabeth tonight. He will live in a the rolling green hills, and have six lady friends! Gabe observed, "He's gonna be like the old time Mormons then, when they had polygamy?" Lol, actually yes, yes he will. 

So it was rainy and gray all day. And on this day next week, it will be 80 degrees. Colorado.

David finally asked Audrey to MoProm, not that there was any question really of her going with him. He brought her Panda Express and had rigged a sweet fortune cookie that had a fortune inside that read "I'd be really fortunate if you went to MoPro with me." Smooth hey? I thought it was a pretty cute idea.

Tonight I went to David's play again. He did a great job. I made him the sweetest thing - a broquet. It's a bouquet of candy bars, made for a guy, you see. He really liked it. It rain/snowed all day today. Blaze took a poop on the carpet since he was inside without a break. David took a chicken pot pie to school for Theater because they were learning a cockney accent. I don't know how good David's accent is, but the pot pie was really good. 

Saturday morning we woke up to  . . . you guessed, snow!!! I AM SNOW DONE WITH THIS STINKING SNOW!!!! I might have to do something drastic soon, like drive to Mexico. We went to a movie this morning, Batman vs Superman. I was really mad about the whole concept of heroes fighting, but it turned out ok. It was very dark and very slow for the most part. Dad fell asleep, per the usual. Gabriel went to a friend's house. We came home and cleaned and then we went to Wendy's and Jeremy Hansen's Eagle court of honor. It was really short, but no complaints here. Jacob went to see David's play tonight. I was complaining to Dad about how I don't have anything to write about this week, and he said I could write about lots of things, then we realized we really don't have anything to write about here. Other than the Mesa's say hello. 

So it's Sunday now, and guess what? It snowed today. GAAAAAHHHH!!! 

David and I both shared our testimony today. I made something unusual for dinner tonight, inspired by Ben Murray - churrasco! I was worried I would do a bad job on a fast Sunday, which would be disastrous, but it turned out that the boys really liked it. The fact that they had been starving all day probably helped. Gabriel ate a ton. We went to a Court of Honor tonight and Gabriel led it to get his Communications merit badge. He also achieved second class.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment