But wait . . . I never wrote about this: Ben is serving his mission in Campinas, Brazil! He left on September 9th and we miss him sooooo much! But he is doing well and is very happy so that makes things easier on us. Anyway, I thought it would be nice for our families to see what's up on our end of things, so I will be putting up an edited version (you don't need to bother about the "business" type stuff we have to go through) each week. Here goes!
Aunt Tammy got six little chickens! They are really cute. Speaking of chickens, our own chickens have stopped laying completely. Not an egg in like 10 days. I talked to the people over at Murdoch's and they said two to three years of laying is typical but they can live 8 years! What they heck I am supposed to do with them now? In the words of Gabriel, "Well if they aren't going to lay any eggs and they just go around pooping all over the yard, what's the point?" My feeling exactly Bub. Of course we can't get rid of Kiwi because we love her so. But we are both happy to take Murphy and Peep in for "processing". When I talked to David about it, he protested adamantly. He has nothing to do with Murphy, so I don't get why. However, after getting really upset he said that if we get new chicks he will name one Oswald. ??!! What a strange one.
Tuesday was probably boring. I worked for part of the day. Wednesday we went to a choir concert where David and Jacob both performed. Jacob's choir did fine, a little sketch in some spots, but generally good. David's choir was really beautiful of course. We think that David may have gotten taller than Dad, just a little bit, but it could be the bushy hair too.
Thursday I went on a horrible hike! It was supposed to be nice (in case you were thinking I read online someplace "This hike is crap, never do it." and then I thought "Oh yes, this is the hike for me!") It was a trail in Deer Creek Canyon that we have done before, and the first part of the hike was fine, but then the last half was total ice and it was slick since it was kind of melting on top. Then came the rock area, holy cow! I could have hiked in a rock slide and it would be about the same! When I finally got done, I vowed to never do it again. There are way better hikes closer to us. Blaze didn't have any input. He just sniffed and trudged.
Friday now, and the book fair began today. I wore tie-dye since it is a 70's theme. I don't mind Fridays, since they pass quickly. Oh, so last night, I gave a bunch of pills to Gabriel on his nightstand and I said "just take one half every night" and then left for a bit. But he didn't understand me and took them all! I called poison control and they told me to take him to the ER. So on the way, Gabriel told me how much he took again, which I had overestimated, and I called them back. He had dropped one of the halves and was looking for it when I came into his room. Apparently, he was just under the limit on having to go to the hospital for it, so we turned around and went home. I had to wake him up every half hour for the next four hours, so I was up until 1:00 am. Not fun!! It was huge blessing though, that he dropped that last pill. It would have been a ton of money and time to go to the ER. It was have been more dangerous for him. Mrs. Hamilton (his teacher) said the angels must have bumped his hand. I believe it! I believe the Lord was watching out for us!
Saturday I made the mistake of taking David and Gabriel to Murdoch's with me, which is just what happened last time, and now we have three more chicks. I plan to give away Peep and Murphy online for free to a good home. With the new three that will leave us with the four total chickens, so it's all nice and legal. We got Araucanas since they are more docile, lay cool eggs that are nice and big, and they lay pretty regularly. Their names are Rey, Oswald (David's pick, of course) and they want to name the last one Gert but I think that's dumb so I am calling her Lizzy. Or maybe Molly. We will keep Kiwi, because she is awesome and has a fluffy dwarven beard. I also got some supplement stuff for the other chickens, like oyster shell which supposed to be good for calcium and help them lay better, so we will see. We went for a walk up at the Highlands Ranch Mansion and it was super windy. Spring weather seems to have come. Tiny leaves are coming out on the lilac bushes and it is sunny but super windy. I am having thoughts about planting a garden, which I will probably do too early, and then it will be killed by a snowstorm. I am probably going to buy fertilizer from the football team. They are going on a big trip to Florida at the beginning of the year, but since Dad and I don't want to drop thousands on one trip, Jacob isn't going. Another Murray tradition. We will still support the team though, so I will try their expensive fertilizer.
Sunday now, and Gabriel had his twelve year old interview with the Bishop. I can't believe he is getting so old! We sat outside the Bishop's office and looked at your cool missionary plaque. He is trying to finish up his Faith in God award. Tonight I have a Girls Camp meeting and Dad and the boys are going to Steven Hansen's Eagle court of honor. Quite a bit of those lately. It was spring forward today, and I had to go to ward council at 7:30, so that was totally brutal, but I will live. Do they have daylight savings time in Brazil? I finished with Lord of the Rings today. Now I want to watch all the movies, but I might need to wait until spring break. The Gentry grandparents are coming to stay, so David will be kicked out of his room, which he totally loves (he doesn't). Jacob is becoming more Ben-like all the time. He sleeps in your room, uses your chair and computer, has taken up the throwing sports in track, is wearing many of your shoes (and also gotten warts like you), and he has tried to adopt all your frolf discs, which we put a stop too. On the upside, his grades are really good, lol!! He is really sick today. He went on a campout Friday night and they did cross country skiing. He came back with a 102 degree fever yesterday. Poor Jacob.
Well that wraps up this week in thrilling events at the Murray's, lol. See you next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment