Thursday, December 30, 2010

Random Holiday Musings

It's the week between Christmas and New Year's. With hardly any activities going on, we get LOTS of family time. Video games factor very high on everyone's to-do list. Paul took the week off so we are trying to have a bit of a stay-cation. With all the extra time, I've had chance to ponder life a bit. This isn't always a positive thing, but here are a few random thoughts I'd like to share.

1. Weeks go way better when I've planned the meals. This week it's been: Chili Cheese Dogs, Chuck E. Cheese, Juicy Lucys, Beef Stir Fry with Tempure Shrimp, and tomorrow is Chipotle style burritos and then Pot Roast on New Year's.
2. I really like movies. We saw the Chronicles of Narnia Voyage of the Dawn Treader and Megamind. Both really fun shows (but Narnia really rocked).
3. My nephew Tyler looks like the new kid in the Dawn Treader, only much cuter. This is somehow very exciting for my kids. (We have a cousin like the Pevensies. Sweet!)
4. I made something called a Dutch Baby for breakfast one day. It was really good.
Here's the recipe: http://sblog.garinandshanan.com/2010/01/31/d-is-for-dutch-baby.aspx
5. I always used to spell recipe wrong. I tried to spell it reciepe. Also? I can never remember how to spell definitely. Definately?
6. Olive oil is really good for an overnight leave-in for dry hair.
7. I really like having Sunday right after a Saturday Christmas. No need to stress going out to return things, just another day of relaxing. It's kinda like an extra Christmas.
8. I much enjoy the feeling of coming downstairs to a clean house in the morning. When I'm tired at night, and I push myself to clean up, they next day just starts so much better.
9. Pets are weird. Why do we have them? I want a cat. They are low-maintenance.
10. I find myself moving more and more toward a Chuck Gentry Christmas list- "Please give me things that are warm."

Guess what? After having a fall and early winter with barely a snowflake, it's snowing hard today. Feels like Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment