Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lapse

So January is already gone. The time between New Year's and spring coming is an eternity to Paul and I. After the holidays, we are all through with winter. All done thank you, moving on to flowers now. In California, spring comes in March but here it comes in . . . June? No, not really, it usually comes in May, but still.

Anyway, January always seems like the longest month of the year to me, but not this year. I can't figure out the reason - maybe because I'm working? We had record-breaking, evil cold this month, down to -21 degrees at night. Yikes! They cancelled school for two days. And now, get this, it's in the 60's. No fooling! Colorado is weird. I realize I talk about the weather a lot on this blog, but I find weather has a huge bearing on my life. I love the outdoors and when it's not nice to be outside, it's a big deal to me. WIth this warm weather, I can smell spring. A fragrance of earth, and plant matter, and wetness that permeates the air and turns my mind to lilac buds and peonies. I'm sure it's just a tease. We'll have more snow before we're through, but still I'm thankful for the little taste of spring now.

No comments:

Post a Comment