Saturday, November 13, 2010

Halloween 2010

Goodness, it's been a long time since I've posted. October was a busy, warm month and it flew by. That is partly due, no doubt, to the fact that I was in the throes of making Halloween costumes. There was much sewing, much pondering, and much thrift store shopping.

I got cool boots out of the deal for $9. Score!

Anyway, we went as Robin Hood, Maid Marion and the Merry Men this year. We were based on the new Russell Crowe version of the movie for those of you that care, so that's why Paul didn't wear tights.

Honestly people, why is everyone so giddy at the thought of Paul in tights?

It was all very woodsy and fun. People often ask how I get my kids to dress up as a family. There are two parts to the answer. 1) We have been doing this forever and the kids love the family element. 2) We promise them large weapons.

This year we bought some rather sweet looking swords at a Halloween store and Paul handmade some bows for them. Much to our chargrin, when the boys tried out their new bows, we found that they worked rather well. Whoops.

Anyways, here's some pics:



David is wearing my boots in the above picture. It doesn't do them justice.

Now I realize the following picture has nothing to do with Halloween, but this was taken on my birthday, which is in October, so I feel good about including it here. I want to state for the record that I love, love, love my goober children.


The following picture brings me joy. David, my beautiful David, why?


Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment