Sunday, August 15, 2010

Week of August 8th Menu

Is this getting old yet? Can you see how often woman cook? I think it's tough to come up with dinners all the time. You may have noticed how I always post the menu at the end of the week. That's because my life is so crazy that I inevitably end up changing something and I don't want to be dishonest ("You said you made burritos Wednesday, but it was hot dogs! Liar!")

Anyhow, football season has begun, and that means 4 meals a day: breakfast, lunch, dinner (4:15) and second dinner or dessert. It's all very hobbitlike.

Monday - Tacos with homemade restaurant style salsa from this site:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/appetizers-and-snacks/restaurant-style-salsa/

#2 I made this for dessert
http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/desserts/raspberry-cream-pie/

Tuesday - Pulled Pork Sandwiches. I toasted the buns in the broiler and melted some pepper jack cheese on there. I love this recipe as it always makes enough for three meals. I just pulled the meat out of the freezer. We had broccoli as well and Ben somehow avoided it.
http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/dinner-time-cafe-rio-style/


#2 Several boys ate spaghetti.

Wednesday - Steak. I bought the meat at Costco. It was gooooood . . . we also had easy mac. Because my kids are weird.

Thursday - Black Bean Chicken Chili and cornbread. I got this out of the Reader's Digest. I loved it! Paul loved it! Many children cried! A successful meal.

#2 Ice cream sandwiches

Friday - Teryaki meatballs, rice, peas and mini eggrolls. The egg rolls were regarded with suspicion by everyone under the age of 10.

#2 Ben ate the entire meal over again. (We had leftovers.) I guess it was good.

Saturday - Elder's Quorum BBQ. Paul was out of town and it was free food.

Sunday - Caliphilly burgers. Green salad. I may force Jacob to make cookies afterward for the sake of cub scouts. (They have cooking requirements).

No comments:

Post a Comment