Sunday, June 24, 2018

All new but same old, same old!

Wow, it has been a really long time since I wrote on my blog last. So much has happened! Almost a year ago Ben came home from him mission in Brazil! It was wonderful to see him again and he looked fantastic! About the same time, David had received his mission call to the California Fresno Mission, Spanish speaking. He was leaving at the end of August - just enough time to hang with his RM brother!

David left on his mission on August 29th. The very next day, I took Ben to drop him off at BYU. Two sons in two days! What a bummer. I got Ben settled into his dorm at Heritage Halls, then started looking for a job. Oh! Did I mention I quite Coyote Creek in May 2017? After Gabriel left, I really felt like I had enough. I had a co-librarian, and she had a son at the school. My boss let her go and kept me since I have been around the longest. After a great deal of worrying, and some good advice from my mom, I quit. My mother told me that my job was really making or breaking the family income. Paul had a good job, and he could take care of us. I had a very strong spiritual feeling that this was true, so I decided to leave. The moment I walked out of the principal's office, I expected to be sad. I wasn't! I felt ecstatic. I had the whole summer before me and I was really looking forward to it! Anyway, after the older boys left, I felt like I needed to get serious about the job search. I didn't have any luck at first. Then I got a call, a very sad one. David was very sick and being sent home from the Mexico MTC. He arrived home a few days later, with a very high temperature. We found out a few days later that he had mononucleosis. Poor guy! He had spent the last two weeks in the MTC really sick and feeling terrible. At that moment, I knew why I hadn't found a job yet. I needed to be there to take care of my boy.

He had a return date of January 3rd. It tooks about 6 weeks before his fevers went away, and a few more weeks for him to feel better. After that, he got a job at Target and worked there for 40 hours a week. He was so nervous about returning to his mission because it had been such a tough experience. After he got to the mission field, it took a week or two, but he began to love his mission. Hooray! He had two great companions, and started to get to know the ward members.

About a month before David left, I found a job! I got hired full time at a company called Coltivar Group, a consulting and personal development company that did work on finance and leadership strategies. That whole thing is a really long story, but the short version is that I loved it, things were going well, and the company president took another job offer as a CFO. That was the end of Coltivar. The weird thing is, I got signed on to be an independent consultant for the next six months. So I do have a job until December. It's summer now, and Colorado is absolutely beautiful. I am enjoying my work from home/go to the office until we move scenario.

No comments:

Post a Comment