Monday, February 13, 2017

Week of February 6th

Here's the latest and greatest! Love is in the air, or maybe every single store in privileged Highlands Ranch just likes to cash out on us for any reason at all! Valentine's Day is next week, and I have some fun stuff planned, because you mam is a sucker for a reason to party! The news is all about Trump, Trump, Trump and all the stupid things he does and everyone freaks out about him. I have considered unfriending a few people on Facebook because it's awful. Luckily, a couple of my friends went off about how they want to see news and pictures about their friend's lives and their families, not hear political rants, so things have calmed down a bit. We have had very unseasonably warm weather the last few days, which I am enjoying immensely. Since that translates to me walking the dog a lot, Blaze is enjoying it too. He has been working on a backyard project lately (digging holes) so he comes in with dirt on his nose all the time. It's hard work keeping your holes dug up when mom keeps filling them in! The boys in our familiar are all hard at work together on Minecraft, making a faction that is OP. I have decided not to worry about it, because I worry too much as it is and they are together and working on something creative, not killing things so there are worse hobbies. 

Monday was a workday. I still have so many mixed feelings about work it's confusing. I really want a change from CCE. I still want to work part time because I work pretty hard for our family. I want to work for DCSD because I want to be home with the kids during school breaks. I would like to work at Tridge since that is where my heart is right now. I don't like uncertainty, so waiting to see if I can get a job there is unnerving but I will have to deal with it in faith. The Lord led me to an awesome job last time I went looking, so I will just have to pray and be patient. I did FHE that night, about Drops of Awesome. I basically taught that we need to be happy with ourselves and cherish good moments and not beat ourselves up for the times we fail so much that we don't enjoy the times we make good choices. David had a basketball game that night and they won. The guy David guarded was pushing him everywhere and he bumped into him on purpose after the game to be a jerk. Too bad they still won! 

Tuesday I worked,then since Vegan Dad was at the temple we had steak for dinner. The meat! Or "flesh" as Dad likes to call it when he's being annoying and joking around. Sister Skidmore came over and he practiced his song "Homeward Bound" by Marta Keen. His throat was a little hoarse, so we all started praying for him to be able to perform. Wednesday was a big day. I had to help David prepare for Mr. Grizz, so I went to Goodwill to buy some brown pants. I found some Volcom shorts for $4! Those things are usually about $45. I had to go to Savers, and they had what I needed. The best part was that I found a completely awesome pioneer skirt! It is so legit it's amazing and it was only $2.50! Pumped for Trek. Anyway, we cut off David's pants for shorts (very short!) and he searched out all the other items from around the house. So Wednesday night, we arrive at Mr. Grizz. He does the Goofy Goober song and it was pretty funny. Then he performs his song. The other talents were a little lackluster, with lots of dance routines that went on too long. The boy's talents were a little more creative, which was refreshing. Jaheen played the guitar and sang too but he was a little off-key. Still, it it so brave to sing in front of other kids! So David gets up and completely rocks it! He got a standing ovation from most of the audience! I was so happy for him. So then the girls did the trivia and they were terrible. They didn't know any of the questions and giggled the whole time. Then the boys did trivia and David knew two questions "What it the only piece in chess that moves diagonally?" and "What does the Dewey Decimal system categorize?" Hooray for family strengths! So I turned on the camera when they announced the winner just in case. And guess what? DAVID WON!!! HE IS MR. GRIZZ!! We were so, so happy for him! It's so awesome that he won. I have been trying to convince him that everyone has different strengths and that his voice is a gift and here's some proof! I am so glad for him! Can you see youtube videos? If so here is the link:




Anyway, he was supposed to sing his song in the assembly, but he got really sick Thursday morning and he had to cancel. He was totally sad about it, but Dad reminded him that it was just peripheral anyway. He won  the competition. He slept for 12 hours and then 11 the next night and he was well enough to go to Sadie's. Their group went as crayons. David was a white crayon. Derek was purple. It was pretty funny. 

Today we had a Stake Conference and they changed to presidency. Guess who was the new Stake President? Jeff Whipple! Dad and I were pretty surprised by that, since he is so young, but that's ok. He is a really good guy. He will be the one you visit with when you come home. 

Ok, here are some questions for you to answer:

Tell us something that made you and your companion laugh this week.
Tell us about a time the Spirit touched you this week. (During scripture study, during prayer, during a lesson, etc)
Tell us about a new place in your town that you love. 
Tell us about a thing you don't like in your current area. 
Do you speak English around the house with your new companion, or only Portuguese?
What three meals are you looking forward to eating when you get home that I can make?
Have you got any investigators in your area? If so, tell us about one. 

I hope that is enough questions for you. We are excited to get a long letter. I love you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment