I know we have been writing to you about all the fun things we have been doing lately. This is in contrast to the hum-drum of school day schedules. I don't want to write about things that are a bummer, because I want to keep it light. Well, here are some complaints for you, just keeping it real, so if you only want happy news you may want to skip the rest of this paragraph. If you want to hear some gripes, read on. Monday we spent the day at the beach. It's a beautiful place, but I do like staying right on the beach. I have decided that when I am old, our family will stay at the North Coast Village too!
![]() |
| Jacob strikes an epic pose after boogie boarding. |
![]() |
| David relaxes in his self made jacuzzi. Just waiting for the water. |
So we arrive home on Tuesday to find that Highlands Ranch has had unprecedented hail storm. Apparently it hailed golf ball size hail for an hour. I always think that's an exaggeration but I have seen a lot of pictures from people I know. All the flowers and garden plants I have planted are completely thrashed. I will be really surprised if they survive. We have hail damage on Dad's car and the CRV. Salesman are combing the streets from roofing companies. There were dead leaves all over the lawn. So that was depressing. Oh and then there was the Blaze drama. Jeanna Hansen started texted me when were at Amanda's and telling me that Blaze was constipated. I asked what they had been feeding him and she sent a pretty big list of table food. So I told her to only feed him his food. He wasn't eating at all, so then I told her to buy canned dog food and mix it with his regular stuff and that he would probably eat that. She said he still wasn't pooping. Then when we got home she told me he was really stressed and that I should come over fast. So I went to get him and he was all excited to see us like he always is. I took him home and told her I'm sure he would be fine. I was talking to Grandma Gentry on the phone in the yard when I began wondering why he smelled so bad. I started checking and discovered he had a bunch of poop all crusted around his bum hole. So I took him downstairs and used the new basement shower head (it's a removable spray nozzle) to wash his butt forever. So the poo chunks floated off and it was like a log and half so he really had been pooping. Anyway I took him for a walk when the bath was all over and volia! He poops! The joy. Jeanna was literally thrilled. Then Dad had his ear issue. He went boogie boarding and plugged up his ear. (I feel like I told you this) so I was dripping rubbing alcohol, then later hydrogen peroxide, then some old antibiotics Amanda had laying around (things are desperate now) and still it's plugged. So we get home and he goes to Dr. Weller and he tells Dad he has a giant ball of wax plugging his ear. Like I told him from the very beginning. So I put some olive oil in his ear this afternoon and lo, and behold, his ear is better! Actually this paragraph of complaints is becoming the paragraph of miracles isn't it? That's like life - work on a problem long enough, have faith, and everything will work out. Also if your dog isn't pooping, check his butt hair.
Anyway . . . now it's Wednesday and while I am fighting off the blues, I go to YW and we are boating. The night is warm and gorgeous, the girls are having fun (we went boating on Chatfield) and as I look at the green mountains to the west, I remember why I still really like Colorado. I just need to stop thinking I have to grow our own food, because that makes me thing we will never survive the apocalypse and it bums me out. But then I remember, we aren't having an apocalypse.
Dad's ear has replugged itself. Sometimes you think you solve a problem, and it's not solved yet! As Jeffrey R. Holland says "No has failed who keeps trying and keeps praying." So Dad looked online and here's what we did. We put warmed olive oil in his ear and let it sit 10 minutes. Then he got that out, and we put hydrogen peroxide in there and left it for 20 minutes. Then I took this blue bulb syringe (better known as a baby booger sucker) and flushed his ear for a long time. Hooray! His ear is now unplugged and has not plugged up again. Success!
Thursday was Jacob's 15th birthday. He got a new phone, case, cologne, headphones, two pairs of shoes, and lots of small items to make up a "15" basket. He ordered shoes just like your old Nike's that he has adopted because he likes them so much. He also got some new tank tops while on vacation. Dad made it a quest to visit as many Walmarts in the San Diego area. Some sweetsters he bought Jacob include a tank with He-Man on it that says "Sup ladies." and another that says "Drop it like a squat." I had to talk him out of a really hideous Joker shirt. I think he had a good birthday.
![]() |
| Wow. |
Friday we worked on Jacob's eagle project for endless hours. We had to drive to Longmont to pick up the trees. I drove Dad's truck and David drove my van. Unfortunately on the way back, they had put all the cottonwoods in the van, which you remember David is highly allergic to, so he got to drive Dad's truck and I took my van. I was very nervous but it turned out ok. He got home in one piece. Then we went to Home Depot and worked on donations and whatnot.
Saturday now, and we are back from the eagle project. I was so nervous no one would come, but we got a ton of help! It wasn't too hard because we rented an augur to dig the holes and we were done by 10:30. The trees look great! It think the lady was pleased and impressed we did it so fast! Jacob got a sweet picture of him with an afro-chicken. I will try to send some to you.
![]() |
| Jacob poses with afro-chicken and his newly planted trees. |
Today was Sunday and Andrew Jones's farewell. I totally lost it during his talk. David lost it too, then had to go up and sing with the priests. As I looked at the nine guys up there, I realized five have already received their mission calls. More crying. Fortunately, the last time I lost it over missionary related stuff, I went home and put a huge pack of tissue in the church bag, so we were well prepared. It's gone now, so I better reload. I was thinking of you, of course, and how David has had to say good-bye to a lot of his friends going on missions, you being the first.
That wraps up the week. Coming up we don't have much going on, except David working a ton. I plan to enjoy a chill week!




No comments:
Post a Comment