Something rather significant happened in our family awhile back and I have yet to discuss it on cyberspace.
We got a dog.
I know. I know! The family that said we would never get a dog. Paul has always maintained that dogs are evil, what with the barking, digging, ruining the lawn, etc. His dad hated dogs. But I always thought he didn't really know what it's like to have a dog. Anyway, we were coming back from a basketball game (oddly enough, we got there and it got cancelled) and we drove by this gas station and there were a bunch of puppies in a fenced area. "Puppies!" I called out, "let's go see them." And, here's the weird part, we actually did.
So I was talking to the breeder lady and asking a bunch of questions. They had Miniature Australian Shepherds. I asked "Are they free?" She laughed and told me they were $500 to $600. I asked if they bark much or shed, both answers were no. I asked if they got much bigger than a certain dog they had there and she said he was actually only 6 months old, but he won't get much bigger, and he's ON SALE. He had all his shots, was neutered, and had a microchip locator implant. He was only $150. CLEARANCE DOG - SWEET! They had a whole litter there with another pregnant dog expecting soon, and he was just an older puppy that never sold. I pulled Paul aside and he said "What the heck. Just go for it."
We did.
I now believe that Heavenly Father had a part in the finding of this dog. He hardly ever barks (he goes for weeks without hearing him bark), he is really sweet and nice with the kids, and Paul loves him. Yup. PAUL LOVES THE DOG. He sneaks him treats all the time and Blaze loves it. The dog's name was Bear but we changed it Blaze. He is a great dog and meant for our family.

No comments:
Post a Comment