Monday, June 22, 2015

Ben Murray - Missionary and Graduate!!



Ben has had a very exciting few months. First, he got his mission call. What an awesome and humbling experience. We had so many people over to watch him open it. I loved watching his face as he opened the letter. As he read out Campinas, Brazil he smiled this huge smile. The Lord heard our prayers! The more I think of it, the more convinced I am that it's a perfect mission for him. So glad!

Here's the youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PPgZmjMAzs


He received his patriarchal blessing. It was a very spiritual experience and very good for Ben. I think it helped him make some life choices. He decided to attend BYU Provo shortly after. That was a huge relief for me. I felt like we had a plan! Brazil, then BYU. Pretty awesome. He thought that the culture of the school would suit him better. I agree! He also got a scholarship, which really helps of course!

He also graduated from his school with honors. He was a valedictiorian and got cords for the National Honors Society, and for perfect scores on the ACT. We are so proud of him! He made so many great decisions and that has brought him to a very good place. He has a bright future ahead because of his hard work.



His graduation was held at Sports Authority Stadium in Parker. The weather has been really strange here - exceptionally rainy. We broke records for rainfall! The day of his graduation was really cold and rainy. My parents and Aunt Tammy came along with our family, and we were all tricked out like a fall football game. Lots of layers! So we were warm and cozy. The graduation ceremony was really nice. We went to Red Robin afterward to celebrate. It has been a wonderful time in Ben's life. We are so proud of him!
Love this great kid!!

No comments:

Post a Comment