Some things in life are very, very difficult, but are sooo worth it in the end! Such it is with my lovely new kitchen! I began the process with Home Depot in May. They were very slow because they were changing their measurement company and we didn't get things finalized until July. By the time the cabinets were ordered, we were into the new school year and football season. Installing a new kitchen during football season should be the definition of insanity!
 |
| The before shot. |
We hired a guy name Rudy from RC Builders to do the install. I did the homework and he had a good rating on the BBB and good recommendations. Sadly, he didn't live up to anything. He started off the install just fine, but after I wrote the check he never came back to hook up the sink and finish up. He also demolished my bathroom and never came back to finish, leaving me with no running water on the entire main floor for a whole weekend! I did dishes in a bucket in the yard until it got too cold, and then I used the downstairs bathtub. Horrible!
It takes a full month after all the cupboards are installed before the granite is delivered. Paul and I ended up installing the sink and hooking up the faucet ourselves once the counters were done. When Paul hooked up the new garbage disposal - nothing happened. We messed around with wires and outlets for hours to no avail. Eventually it took us three days and near electrocution, along with knocking the power out to the whole house three times, before I figured it out with a youtube video. Thank you youtube! The fools at RC Builders had neglected to pop a tab off the side of the new outlet. I was so glad to have a sink again. I was almost afraid to use it though, it was so beautiful! I still had the matter of paying Rudy for work he never did. I had to pester him for months and months and threaten to take him to court before he refunded out money. It was lame but it all worked out in the end.
.jpg) |
| Beautiful cabinets and counter tops are in. Appliances are too! |
We had new white cabinets installed along with granite counters, new appliances, and a beautiful back splash. We went through Home Depot and Front Range Stone for the granite and I love it! They were great to work with. We were so tired of working on things by that point that I hired someone else to do the tile work. I called Vladimir Karpov of Karpov Construction and he was awesome. I love the tile every time I look at it.
 |
| The tile in progress. Vladimir and Danbog worked quickly and it looked great! |
Finally in October the kitchen was finished! I was so happy! I love how all the colors and textures turned out. We took the cabinets all the way to the ceiling and extended the counter near the door. I also added six inches onto the island. It's not much but I feel it maximized the space we have more efficiently. I actually love to clean my kitchen (no, seriously) so I can keep it beautiful. Considering this is the hub of the house, that's a great thing!
 |
| All finished! Hooray and yea! |
No comments:
Post a Comment