Thursday, August 6, 2009

Kindergarten Tea

Tomorrow my youngest son starts Kindergarten. In honor of all Kindergarten moms, the sadistic ladies of the PTO throw a "party" called the Tissue Tea. This will be a time for moms to sob, commiserate, and consume huge amounts of sugary breakfast items in an attempt to placate those feelings of lost motherhood. This is perhaps a depressing take on the whole affair. I remember when my oldest child left for Kindergarten; I didn't shed a tear. After all I had many more noisy, bouncy fellows at home and I knew he was ready for the challenges ahead. But now as my last boy leaves me, I am faced with a myriad of questions "Will I have to get a job now?" "Will I be lonely during the day?" "Do my kids really need me anymore?" and the inevitable "How I am going to explain my messy house now?" I've decided to look at it as an opportunity. Maybe now the bathroom remodel will get finished. Maybe I will take a shower every day. Maybe my house will actually get clean . . . then again, maybe not!

No comments:

Post a Comment